Basic Handgun Marksmanship Course
The fact that you are hesitant around handguns without proper training is a GOOD thing. The basic handgun marksmanship course is designed to specifically address the concerns of someone who has little to no experience with a handgun. It is designed at a slow paced so that everyone feels comfortable and confident in their ability to properly handle, care for, and fire the weapon when needed. Most importantly…it is fun! All clients will have ample time to practice firearms safety while they are learning the basics of handgun marksmanship.
This 4-hour course is designed for the beginner or for the shooter who wants to learn or brush up on the basic concepts of handgun marksmanship. This course includes but is not limited to the following:
- Firearms and Range Safety
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Care and Maintenance
- Type of Ammunition and Considerations
- Safe Loading & Unloading of a Handgun
- Introduction to Shooting Fundamentals
- Discussion of Applicable Laws and Lethal Force
- Range Exercise/Shooting Drills
All clients will practice firearms safety while they are learning the basics of handgun marksmanship. Clients are responsible for supplying a quality handgun and ammunition (100 rounds minimum). Note: Handguns are available if needed. Specifically, you should bring:
- Semi-automatic handgun or a revolver in good repair and have no modifications that will make the handgun less safe. (unloaded and in a case) STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING HANDGUN OR AMMUNITION INTO CLASSROOM.
- Baseball Cap Recommended
- Impact Resistant Safety Glasses (Can Be Provided)
- Ear Protection (Can Be Provided)
- Footwear that covers both entire feet
- 100 rounds (minimum) of ammunition specific to the handgun that will be used for the course.
NO RELOADED, HAND-LOADED or SURPLUS AMMUNITION ALLOWED. Use commercial ammunition only.
DURATION: 4 Hours