Daughter’s of San Antonio Women’s Basic Handgun Course
This 4-hour fun and affordable Basic Handgun course for Ladies Only is a conducted in a smaller class environment…sorry guys. Shooting is an exhilarating and empowering pastime and this course maintains a low pressure and fun atmosphere. Ladies leave our training course with the ability to confidently handle a handgun.
The course introduces ladies to shooting handguns, and is designed specifically for ladies that have little or no practical shooting experience. The fundamentals and etiquette of safety and shooting are taught in a classroom setting, followed up with a live-fire practical experience with over-the-shoulder coaching.
Curriculum includes classroom instruction in firearms and range safety, safe handgun handling, loading and clearing a handgun, fundamentals of shooting, and a live fire practical session with over-the-shoulder coaching in a fun, but very safe setting. Subjects include:
- Firearms and Range Safety
- Handgun Nomenclature
- Care and Maintenance
- Type of Ammunition and Considerations
- Safe Loading & Unloading of a Handgun
- Introduction to Shooting Fundamentals
- Discussion of Applicable Laws Concerning Gun Ownership
- Range Exercise/Shooting Drills
DURATION: 4 Hours
18 Years of age, unless accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
NO felony convictions or pending charges.
NOT a fugitive from justice, a chemically dependent person, or a person of unsound mind as determined by medical authority.
A Lady of Course 🙂
You will need the following:
- Baseball Cap Recommended
- Serviceable Handgun…see Note 1
- 50 Rounds of Ammunition Specific to the Handgun you are Bringing
- Impact Resistant Eyewear (Provided if you do not have your own)
- Hearing Protection (Provided if you do not have your own)
- Footwear that covers both entire feet … no sandals please. A top/blouse with closed collar encouraged (hot brass can be uncomfortable)
- Most of all, a warm and friendly SMILE.
Note 1: Don’t have a weapon … not a problem. You can use ours for free. Just bring 50 rounds of 9mm ammunition or purchase it here in the store when you arrive.
- Course Fee: $65.00
- Ammunition: $25.00 (Only if purchased within store)
- Handgun Rental: Free if Needed
- Hearing Protection: Provided at No Charge
- Eye Protection: Provided at No Charge
- Please ensure all handguns are unloaded prior to entering the training facility
- Dress code is very casual and comfortable with closed-toe shoes. The firing portion will be outdoors, so you may want to bring a cap, sunglasses, and perhaps a full water bottle.
- Course will begin in our classroom and end at Bracken Firing Range … it’s about a 1 min drive.
- Please call or email if you have any further questions. 210.314.4284.